The Morledge Family Eye Clinic originally opened in the College Park Professional Building under the direction of Dr. Scott J. Morledge-Hampton on October 2, 2006. But eighty years earlier is when it really all began. In 1928, Dr. Scott Morledge-Hampton’s grandfather, Dr. Roy Morledge, an eye, ear, nose and throat specialist, moved to Billings with his wife and their six children to open the first Morledge medical practice. Two of those six children would later become local ophthalmologists: Dr. Morledge-Hampton’s father (Dr. Charles Morledge) and his uncle (Dr. Tom Morledge).
The Morledge Family Eye Clinic soon outgrew the space in the College Park Professional Building, so in the summer of 2009, a ground breaking ceremony was held for the new Morledge Family Eye Clinic & Surgery Center. Doors to the new clinic and surgery center opened on June 1, 2010.